This is it!
The final week of Plan to Eat’s Make Ahead Meal Plan Challenge, the 30-day challenge to help you start your own meal planning routine. Throughout this challenge we have explored ways to make freeze-ahead meals for an entire week’s worth of dinners, with extras in the freezer. Now our weeknight dinners can have a little more food and conversation, and a little less stress!
We put together this quick video that shows you what week 4 looked like for us:
Easy Slow Cooker Steak Chili
provided by 100 Days of Real Food
We also made three entrees of these meatballs. They all went straight into the freezer, on a tray, to prevent them from sticking together while they froze. Once frozen, we moved them into a freezer bag. To cook, we’ll add the frozen meatballs to red sauce, warm until they are hot in the middle, and serve over pasta.
The Easiest Spinach Lasagna
provided by 100 Days of Real Food
Due to limited freezer space we made only one entree of this dish, but we could have easily scaled it to serve more. If you’re not familiar with how to scale a recipe in Plan to Eat, this article will show you how. If you are freezing this recipe you will put it into the freezer uncooked. Simply cover with clear wrap and foil and freeze. When you would like to eat it, thaw and remove the clear wrap and bake for 30 minutes with the foil on. Remove the foil and continue baking for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
If you are participating in the challenge, all of these recipes are available to you directly in your Plan to Eat account.
In 2 hours we made 7 entrees using these recipes that can be pulled out of the freezer and cooked whenever we need them! Now our stressful weeknight dinners are easy, all thanks to meal planning and a little make ahead prepping!
Our hope is that through this challenge you had fun connecting with others in our Facebook group (which will continue after the challenge, so please join if you need some meal planning support!), and that you experienced the freedom of not having to worry about dinner every night.
What’s a challenge without a $400 prize package at the end?!
Everyone who has joined the challenge by friending Make Ahead Meal Plan Challenge in your Plan to Eat account will be entered into a huge giveaway with a $400 prize package! The drawing will be held on January 31st and the winner will receive:
- ($200) KitchenAid 13 Cup Metal Food Processor (your choice of color!)
- ($39) 1 free year of Plan to Eat
- ($19) a Plan to Eat canvas shopping bag
- ($15) a copy of the book Fix, Freeze, Feast
- ($23) Komax Oven Safe Glass Food Containers
- And over $100 of other tools to get your kitchen set up and running efficiently!
The Giveaway Fine Print:
By participating in the Make Ahead Meal Plan Challenge you are entering and agree to the following Terms & Conditions:
• No purchase necessary.
• Open to residents of the U.S. 18+ (we apologize to those of you outside the US!)
• Opening date: 12/27/2016 03:00 pm MST
• Ending date: 01/31/2017 11:59 pm MST
• Giveaway sponsored by Plan to Eat, Inc. All rights reserved. 411 N Railroad Ave, Loveland, Colorado 80537
• 1 winner will win all of the prizes of the giveaway: ($200) KitchenAid 13 Cup Metal Food Processor, ($39) 1 free year of Plan to Eat, ($19) a Plan to Eat canvas shopping bag, ($15) a copy of the book Fix, Freeze, Feast, ($23) Komax Oven Safe Glass Food Containers, and over $100 of other tools to get your kitchen set up and running efficiently!
• The winner will receive all of these items, mailed together, through US Mail.
• 1 winner will be chosen at random from all of accounts that are linked through a friendship to the Make Ahead Meal Plan Plan to Eat account.
• Plan to Eat will contact the winner via email.
- How do I add the challenge as a friend? Click here to add the menus and recipes for the challenge.
- Do I have to use the meals Plan to Eat chose? No, you do not have to use the recipes we have chosen. You can use any recipes that you prefer and that suit your eating preferences and needs. This challenge has been put together to help you and motivate you to get started meal prepping and planning. Please customize the challenge to fit your needs!
- How do I see the Menus? Navigate to your Plan tab and click on the Menu‘s button in the left hand column. Choose Make Ahead Meal Plan Challenge from the Your Friends Menu’s drop down list. You will then be able to see the list of our saved menus. If you do not see the challenge on the drop down menu, you will need to add the challenge as your friend. (See FAQ #1)
- How do I enter the giveaway? If you have connected as “Friends” on Plant o Eat with Make Ahead Meal Plan Challenge, you are entered! That’s it!