Are you a fan of really easy or even semi-homemade recipes? What are your go-to recipes when you don’t have a lot of time? Finding those dishes that are both easy to make and delicious is so helpful. I’m always on the lookout for more. It’s just so convenient to have a few quick recipes to pull from for that last minute get together or a busy weeknight meal.
Growing up, we always referred to the recipe I’m sharing with you today as Milk and Cookies. If you are looking for a quick and easy dessert, this is it! There is no baking required and it only has a few ingredients – chocolate chip cookies, milk, & whipped cream. It’s almost like a light and fluffy cookie ice cream… basically any kid’s dream dessert. I chose to use store bought cookies and make my whipped cream from scratch. You can take this recipe a step further in either direction by using either all store bought or completely homemade ingredients – it’s up to you!
To begin, gather all of the ingredients. This is quick to assemble, so it’s nice to have everything on hand when you begin. For the chocolate chip cookies, you want to make sure you choose a crunchy cookie as opposed to a chewy one. The cookie will soften as it sits in the refrigerator, so starting off with a crunchy one will lead to a much better final texture. For making the whipped cream, you will need heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Lastly, pour about a cup of milk into a shallow bowl.
Making whipped cream really is simpler than you might think. Using a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Once you see the cream thickening, slowly pour in both the sugar and vanilla. Continue beating until stiff peaks form and the whipped cream holds its shape.
To assemble the dessert, first choose a dish. I used a 9×9 square pan. In the bottom of the dish, spread a thin layer of whipped cream. Next, quickly dip a cookie into the milk, let any excess milk drip off, and place the cookie on top of the whipped cream. Be sure to not let the cookies sit in the milk or they will become overly soggy. Keep working on the cookies until you have a solid layer on top of the whipped cream. Now, do another layer of whipped cream on top. Then cookies & milk again. Continue doing this until you are out of ingredients! Refrigerate for a few hours, and it’s ready to enjoy!
It really is that simple. And believe me, it is delicious too!
If you are looking for some other easy or semi-homemade treats, check out one of these fun options we’ve shared before:
- Perfect Fudge Brownies
- Blueberry Muffins
- Dessert Charcuterie Board
- Fruit Pizza (use store-bought cookie dough & icing to make it super simple!)
Hope you enjoy!
Light and fluffy and full of chocolate chip cookies, this treat won't disappoint! So quick and easy to make, this will be a new favorite!
Source: Anna Reid
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package crunchy chocolate chip cookies
- 1 cup milk for dipping
- To make the whipped cream: Using a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Slowly pour in the sugar and vanilla. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, spread a thin layer of whipped cream in the bottom of a 9x9 dish. Quickly dunk a cookie into the milk, let all excess milk drip off, and place the cookie on top of the whipped cream layer. Continue until you have a solid layer of cookies. Continue alternating layers of whipped cream and cookies until you are out of ingredients or the dish is full.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours and then enjoy!
Amount Per Serving (8)
- Calories: 165
- Protein: 2 g
- Sugar: 9 g
- Carbohydrate: 10 g
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 36 mg
- Sodium: 26 mg
- Fiber: 0.1 g