Spring is in the air and I’m in the mood for light, refreshing snacks. This raw, mock salmon pate appetizer is one of my go-to party snacks. It’s a snap to whip up and people love it. I don’t really think it tastes all that much like salmon, that would be weird… But it does taste 100% delicious! And I promise, the platter will be cleared moments after you set it on the table.
Mock Salmon Pate on Cucumber Rounds
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 red pepper, seeded
- 1 scallion, roots trimmed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt you can add up to a tsp, but taste as you go
- English cucumbers, probably 2-3 depending on the size peel if you like, not necessary
- capers for garnish
- extra red pepper if you want to shave off thin slices to garnish, this looks pretty
- Put all the ingredients but the cucumbers, capers and extra red pepper into your cuisinart and blend until you have a nice, thick paste, scraping down the sides as you go.
- Let the pate chill in the fridge while you slice up your cucumbers.
- Top each cucumber round with a dollop of pate, a caper and a sliver of red pepper.
- Arrange on a platter and enjoy!