My absolute favorite recipes have a few common traits. First of all, they are made from scratch with simple ingredients that I already have on hand. If I don’t have to run to the store, it’s much more likely that I’ll actually have a chance of making that treat for when friends come over. Secondly, my favorites are quick to make and have an easy cleanup. Like one bowl, a spoon, and a few measuring scoops – that’s it. This is so helpful in my current season of life with little kids. And finally and most importantly, the recipe has to be delicious!
This recipe for brown sugar blondies has all three of these traits, and I am so excited to share it with you. I already know you are going to love it! I first started making these for my cousin because he didn’t care for regular brownies, and now our whole family has grown to love them. I hope that once you make them they will become a staple from scratch dessert for your crew too.
To start, line a square 8 or 9 inch pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large microwaveable mixing bowl, melt the butter. Add in the brown sugar and stir until combined. Add in the egg and vanilla and stir until well combined and the batter is lightened in color. Next, mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
Finally, stir in the white and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pour everything in the prepared pan and spread evenly. I like to top mine with extra chocolate chips; it dresses it up a bit and no one ever complains about extra chocolate, right?
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the blondies are golden brown on top. Leave on a wire rack until cool. The parchment paper really comes in key right here. Once the blondies are cooled, you can simply lift by the paper and take the blondies out of the pan. Transfer to a cutting board and you are ready to slice. It’s so much easier to cut them this way!
So yummy. It’s so easy to switch up the add-ins for this recipe to whatever your family prefers. Semi-sweet chocolate, white chocolate, dark chocolate, M&Ms, pecans, walnuts, butterscotch, peanut butter… the list goes on! Keep it to about 1 – 1 1/2 cups of add ins, but mix and match to find your favorite combos.
Just because something is made from scratch, it doesn’t mean it has to be difficult! These are simple, homemade, and delicious. Hope you enjoy!
Simple, homemade, and delicious; these brown sugar blondies are the perfect treat.
Source: Anna Reid
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- Line a square 8 or 9 inch pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large microwaveable mixing bowl, melt the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and stir until well combined and the batter is lightened in color.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the semi-sweet and white chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Leave on a wire rack until cool and then slice and enjoy!