We chat with Elle about what makes Niman Ranch special as an organization and how a company like Niman supports small farmers and local economies. Elle shares that she was a vegetarian in college, even though she now works in the meat industry, and what that means for her choice in meat consumption.
In this episode, we are joined by chef and author, Lei Shishak! We talk with Lei about her transition from the New York finance world to culinary school, to owning her own bakery, to becoming an author. She also shares some of her tips for starting a plant-based diet and tips when cooking for two.
Lisa Dahl is a Health and Wellness Coach specializing in Intuitive Eating, Mindful Eating, and Body Image. We got to chat with Lisa all about her health at every size approach to nutrition and coaching and how she helps her clients unpack their long-held beliefs about food and dieting. She also gives us a peek into her Menu Mapping technique for waste-free meal planning!
Recent Articles from the Blog
Welcome to Spring! Enjoy our most recent posts including feature releases, tips & tricks, new recipes, and more!
Dublin Coddle is a classic Irish dish that has been around for centuries. It’s a hearty, filling meal with bacon, sausage, potatoes, onion…and sometimes other ingredients depending on the cook’s whim.
This jelly comes together with just 4 simple ingredients – strawberries, sugar, fruit pectin, and water. Another bonus – it doesn’t require the extra effort of normal canning as this is a freezer jelly recipe!
In Fall 2022, we started the process of updating our homepage with new copy and a fresh design. After many months of hard work, our new homepage is finally live! Check out the new plantoeat.com, created with the help of Josh Motlong, Amanda Engle, Zac Garver, and David Edwards.
Drag and Drop Planning!
In case you haven’t seen it yet, we added the ability to drag and drop recipes on the App Planner! Once you have recipes on the calendar, simply press and hold on a recipe to drag it another day and/or meal time.
Mobile App Updates
We’ve been squashing bugs and working on new features for the Plan to Eat app!
This month we released app version 3.0.4.
- We added a Recipe Status filter to the recipe book. Tap “Filters” then scroll down to “Recipe Status” to view your draft recipes, removed recipes, recipes with photos, or recipes missing photos.
- We updated the planner so past days are now grayed out.
- We added a “Not receiving verification email?” link to the verification page below the “Use a different email” link. Please contact us if you’re having trouble signing up!
- We added a beta tag and a disclaimer to the Nutrition Facts calculator.
- We fixed a bug causing the “Getting Started” video to appear in the recipe book when a search returns fewer than 5 results.
The development team continues to make updates and fix bugs on the website version of Plan to Eat.
- We updated the Plan to Eat logo.
- We added a slightly cool tint to website gray colors.
- We fixed some image imports in the recipe clipper.
- We fixed a few misc UI issues.
- We updated freezer prep recipes to not display nutritional data.
- We fixed the watermark PTE logo when printing recipes.
- When sharing the shopping list from the app, the URL will now remember the original shared date range.
We will continue to notify you of any updates and new features on our blog and via email. In the meantime, if you have any questions, you can always contact our support team.
“This website/app has saved us so much money, time, and clutter! We order what we need. We menu plan for a month at a time with friends who also use Plan to Eat and there are a lot fewer nights scrambling to get take out.”