Sara Haas’s latest book Taco! Taco! Taco! features 100 savory and sweet taco recipes that are as easy to prepare as they are to love. You’ll find plenty of delicious options not only for omnivores, but for vegetarians and vegans alike.
Guaranteed to be a hit for a quick and fun meal for yourself or with friends and family, these flavorful tacos will have you saying…
This is one of 5 recipes included in our It’s Time For Tacos! photo contest.
Lamb Tacos with Cucumber Yogurt Salad
Makes 4 servings.
- For the salad:
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1⁄4 cup + 1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup lightly packed fresh mint chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 small white onion thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber halved and thinly sliced
- For the lamb:
- 1 1⁄4 pounds ground lamb
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- For the tacos:
- 8 flour tortillas (OR NAAN)
- To make the salad: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the garlic along with the yogurt, mint, parsley, and lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the tomatoes, onion, and cucumber and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate.
- To cook the lamb: Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground lamb and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until browned, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain most of the fat from the pan, then add the garlic along with the coriander, cardamom, and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Turn heat to low, add the plain Greek yogurt, water, and fresh lemon juice, cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
- To make the tacos: Serve lamb mixture into warmed tortillas topped with cucumber mixture.
- PREP TIP: Want to add some plant protein? Make these Crispy Chickpeas: Drain and rinse one 15-ounce can
of chickpeas. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian seasoning or dried oregano. Spread out onto a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- COOKING TIP: Want to take some of the “bite” out of those onions? Slice them and place them in a colander and give them a good rinse before adding them to the salad.
- SERVING TIP: Try substituting warmed naan or pita for the tortillas for a fun twist.
Add this recipe to my Plan to Eat account
Super Simple Homemade Guacamole
COOKING TIP: If you like things spicy, don’t remove the membranes or seeds before chopping the jalapeño!
SERVING TIP: I love this guacamole served with tortilla chips, but it’s also a fabulous dip for veggies!
- 1 large avocado ripe
- 2 tablespoons white onion minced
- 1 jalapeño finely minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice fresh
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro lightly packed, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Scoop out the avocado and place in a medium bowl. Mash with the back of a fork, then add the onion, jalapeño, lime juice, salt, and cilantro. Stir to combine. Enjoy immediately.