Photo by Ava Lowery
I don’t know about you, but as summer wears on, I’m finding us stuck in a summertime snack rut. I’ll admit that I like easy snacks, but I’ve been looking for healthier alternatives, since most of what you’ll find on the grocery store shelves either has high fructose corn syrup or artificial food dyes, and the organic varieties that are available tend to be so expensive.
So to make it easier for us to make our grocery list and prepare things ahead of time, I’ve made a cheat sheet for myself with snack ideas, divided by effort and preparation required:
- Grapes or frozen grapes, known as popsicle grapes here
- Whole apples
- Apples or bananas with peanut butter or sunflower nut butter
- Cheese and crackers
- Fruit salad in an ice cream cone
- Pretzels with peanut butter or cheese
*you can build lots of fun shapes with cheese cubes and pretzel cubes!
- Frozen fruit pops
- Cinnamon tortilla chips
- Apple, granola, peanut butter sandwiches
- No bake raisin carrot cake bites
- Sweet potato & beet chips
- Homemade goldfish crackers
- Homemade fruit leather
What are your favorite summertime snacks?