Quick Almond Pan Bread

I’m a morning person. Getting up at 5-5:30 am is my happy place. But there are some days when my BUTT doesn’t want to drag out of bed. Maybe I’ve been up approximately 1.5 million times with a certain 4 year old…or maybe my 10 month old decided he wanted an all-night buffet. Or maybe my mind won’t turn off and I can’t sleep – okay, you caught me – it’s not my MIND, it’s my PINTEREST account. *Cough*

No matter what the night held, I like a big breakfast. It’s my favorite meal of the day – it’s the one I plan the hardest for. I usually wake up about to chew my arm off, so a big, nice breakfast is important to me. If I haven’t had much sleep and I’m tired, this pan bread is my best friend paired with some fried eggs.

PanBread1

However, it’s not just for breakfast. If lunch sneaks up on you – I know it happens at the same time every day, but goodness…sometimes I turn around and it’s already noon and I’m still in my pajamas. Truth. This bread whips up quickly and will house a nice tuna salad or use it to roll up a nice chicken hot dog in (I’m slightly addicted to the chicken hot dogs from Trader Joe’s).

This miracle bread also works for dinner! Some days I have great intentions: I’m going to get the homeschool room organized, do all the laundry, bake bread, make yogurt, care for the chickens, water the plants, play with the 4 year old and the 10 month old will be happy all day and not cry…or not. Some days it’s a war zone here – and for those days, pan bread to the rescue! Thaw some Sloppy Joes (that you cooked before because you freezer cook, right?) and roll them up in this bread.

I only own one non-stick skillet…and it’s just so that I can make this bread. True story. Everything else gets made in my stainless steel and cast iron – but this baby needs some tender loving care.

I really, REALLY love this pan bread – if you couldn’t tell. In fact, I think I need some right now. So, here’s the recipe while I go stuff my face.

Print Recipe

Quick Almond Pan Bread

Serves: 1

Ingredients

• 4 tablespoons blanched almond flour
  • 2 tablespoons egg whites (I buy cartoned egg whites and save my whole eggs to pair with this dish)
  • 2 tablespoons almond milk

Directions

1. Combine all in a small bowl. Whisk well.
  2. Pour into pre-heated greased skillet or non-stick crepe pan. Cook over medium heat until top is almost dry.
  3. Flip and cook other side. Trying to flip too soon will result in a mess. Ask me how I know.

Powered by
Plan To Eat

• This looks fabulous! I really wanna try it, like right now! Do you think if skillet-baked it it would turn out a little rougher in texture?

Helena February 27, 2017 AT 7:46 am

• It’s worth a try!

Stacy March 1, 2017 AT 9:17 am

• But this is a pancake, I was expecting more like a PITA bread thing.

Carmen February 10, 2017 AT 9:46 am

• Pita bread usually requires yeast. Yeast doesn’t really like almond flour. :-)

Stacy March 1, 2017 AT 9:17 am

• Thank you! After combing the Internet and trying a dozen recipes, this one is the very best & was exactly what I was looking for!

MS April 25, 2016 AT 4:20 pm

• I also used almond meal/flour. Would you say that your almond flour is pretty fine? The almond meal gives it a cornmeal feel.

Teresa October 9, 2014 AT 12:05 pm

• I haven’t worked much with almond meal….I’ve only used almond flour from Honeyville.

Stacy @Stacy Makes Cents October 10, 2014 AT 12:43 pm

• I also used a whole egg but only 2 tbsp of it. It works well!

Teresa October 9, 2014 AT 11:41 am

• I made this but I broke a whole egg into a cup, mixed it up a little, then scooped out 2 tbsp and added to almond flour. I also used whole milk (didin’t have almond milk) and I also used a scoop of flax. Mixed it all up and fried in coconut oil… it was delicious, and perfect with homemade soup. And perfect size just for me.

Lee April 26, 2014 AT 8:50 pm

• I tried this with acorn flour. It was delicious, thank you! Unfortunately, you can’t buy acorn-flour in any store. Have to collect the acorns, leach them and grind them yourself. So OBVIOUSLY that leaves me with NO variety in recipes! Finding a recipe that uses nuts is very useful–acorns don’t always behave like other nuts, but it’s usually close enough to start.

Oh, and someone mentioned that almonds are high in fats–have you heard the latest research that says that people who eat a handful of nuts every day not only live longer (across the board!), they don’t gain weight in proportion to the increase in calories! So I don’t worry too much about nuts anymore.

Wolf December 22, 2013 AT 12:06 pm

• Interesting! Thanks for sharing. :-)

Stacy December 24, 2013 AT 1:32 pm

• Just FYI – when you hit Click to Print the recipe add 6 lbs of Russet Potatoes to the Ingredient list – really confused me when I went to make these this morning, so I came back to check. Thanks!

Crystal @ WisdomSeekingMommy.com October 26, 2013 AT 10:44 am

• Ha! I am so sorry! That was completely my mistake. It’s fixed now.

You don’t want 6 pounds of Russet Potatoes with your Almond Bread?

Christopher October 28, 2013 AT 1:39 pm

• This whole convo makes me snort! :-)

Stacy October 29, 2013 AT 4:29 am

• I can’t wait to try this bread! It might be for breakfast tomorrow!!! (Got to go find my not stick skillet first though!) I thought you’d be interested in knowing how I found this recipe :-) I was watching the Vimeo promo video (can’t remember where I linked to it from but someone on facebook ;-) ) and as the screenshot past the list of meals I caught Quick Almond Pan Bread. I was like – WHAT! You don’t see Paleo-sounding breads often on an app video. I completely paused the video, and immediately googled it! So glad to find this – and Plan to Eat looks amazing! I’m definitely going to try the 30 day trial – but I’m a bit hesitant as I know I won’t be able to afford it after that :-( But we’ll see – God can work in this!

Crystal @ WisdomSeekingMommy.com October 25, 2013 AT 7:21 pm

• That’s pretty funny! I am constantly amazed by what people find in those videos.

A little birdie told me that if you want to sign up for a 30 day trial now you might be able to get an annual subscription at a fraction of the price during Black Friday weekend.

Christopher October 28, 2013 AT 1:44 pm

Gift Subscriptions

Eat healthier food. Save time & Money. Know what‘s for dinner.

Wow, that sounds like a great gift!