Course: Main Course
Green Goddess Pasta shared by HolFit
Serves originally 4 servings
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter
- 3 quarts water
- 5 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 8 ounces whole wheat or brown rice elbow macaroni
- 2 zucchini halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 broccoli crown cut into bite-sized florets (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 bunch (about 4 ounces) kale cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
In a 1-quart saucepan over low heat, combine the garlic and coconut oil and cook, swirling occasionally, until the garlic is fragrant and starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the butter, swirling until it melts, and set aside.
In a 4-to 6-quart stockpot over high heat, combine the water with about 1 1/2 tablespoons salt. Bring the water to a boil, add the macaroni, and cook according to the package directions until about 1 minute shy of being done. Stir in the zucchini, broccoli, and kale. Cook until the vegetables are tender and the pasta is cooked, about 1 minute.
Drain the pasta mixture, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Return the mixture to the pot and stir in the garlic butter, pepper, 3 tablespoons of the pine nuts, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Transfer the pasta to plates or a platter, garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon of pine nuts, and serve.
Eating at Home
Should be Easier
Plan to Eat makes it
simple and effective