Course: Main Course
Asian Noodle Bowl w/Spicy Almond Sauce shared by HolFit
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced almonds
- 3/4 pound (340 g) whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 head broccoli (about 3/4 pound 340 g), tops cut into flowerets, stems peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 cups (500 mL about 4 ounces) of snow peas, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup (250 mL) of unsalted almond butter1/4 cup (120 mL) of reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon (45 mL) fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) chili-garlic sauce such as Sriracha
- 1 scallion green part only (about 3 tablespoons, 45 mL)
- 2 pieces tofu, tempeh or faux chickn
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over a medium-heat heat, stirring frequently, until they are golden, about 3 minutes.
Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Three minutes before the pasta is ready add the broccoli to the pasta pot. One minute before it is ready add the snow peas and red peppers to the pot.
While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Place the almond butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chili-garlic sauce and three tablespoon of boiling water (from the pasta pot) into a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
Drain the noodles and vegetables, return them to the pasta pot, add the sauce and toss to coat. Serve garnished with the toasted almonds and scallion greens.
Nutritional analysis per serving, 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
Calories: 410 kcals, Fibre: 17 g, Total Fat: 16 g, Cholesterol: 85 mg, Saturated Fat: 1.5 g, Sodium: 460 mg, Monounsaturated Fat: 10 g, Calcium: 135 mg, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g, Magnesium: 181 mg, Protein: 15 g, Potassium: 626 mg, Carbohydrates: 60 g, Vitamin E: 6.4 mg
Eating at Home
Should be Easier
Plan to Eat makes it
simple and effective