Course: Main Course
Loaded Nachos w/ Smoky Cheeze Sauce shared by HolFit
Serves Change 1 servings originally
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips (enough to cover the bottom of a regular cookie sheet)
- 1 roasted poblano pepper (leave this out if you don't like spicy food)
- 2 roasted red bell peppers canned or do your own
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 batch of SMOKEY CHEEZE SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup roasted red pepper hummus (or plain hummus can be used here)
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup water
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 batch MEXICAN BLACK BEANS:
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans drained and rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
CHEEZE SAUCE:Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. The mixture may seem somewhat thin, but it is supposed to resemble a nacho cheese, kind of runniy and easy to drizzle over the chips, and it will thicken up when it bakes. Set the mixture aside.
BLACK BEANS: Mix all fo the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
You can do these on a grill, in the oven, or under a broiler. I chose to do mine under a broiler. Choose your method, and cook or roast the poblano and red peppers until the skins are charred and blistery. Remove from the heat and place immedietly in a large bowl. Cover the bowl to allow the peppers to steam. Once the peppers have cooled remove the skins and seeds and give them a small diced cut.
To Make the nachos:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover the pan with tortilla chips. Drizzle the hummus "cheese" sauce over the chips, then sprinkle the thawed corn, mexican black beans, chopped roasted peppers, and bake for 15-18 minutes, until everything is warmed through. Remove from oven, and squeeze 1/2 lime over the nachos. Top with 1/2 cup of fresh pico, and 1 cup of fresh cilnatro.