Course: Main Course
Veggie Lasagna w/Ricotta Nut Cheese & Tofu shared by HolFit
Serves originally 1 servings
- 2 large ripe tomato sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cups marinara sauce (or homemade recipe)
- 16 oz. extra firm tofu sliced into thin strips
- 1/4- 1/2 cup non-dairy cheese Daiya or Rice cheese
- 2 cups leafy greens Kale or spinach
- 1 box no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup chives & basil
- 1 1/2 cups CHIVE NUT RICOTTA:
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight
- 2 tsp garlic powder or 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1/4 cup plain soy milk or soy creamer (for richer flavor)
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar OR lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp oregeno
- 1 Tbsp agave or maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/3 cup fresh chives
- 1 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste (about 1/4 tsp minimum)
- ZESTY GARLIC MARINADE
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder OR 5 chopped garlic cloves
- 3-4 Tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar or balsamic
- 2-3 Tbsp oregeno
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 zucchini quartered & sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup basil
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Make your marinade by combining all ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Prep your veggies. Slice you ingredients very thin so that the marinade absorbs quickly.
4. Place your sliced ingredients (tofu, mushrooms, tomatoes, greens) into your marinade bowl. Toss gently. Add more EVOO/vinegar if needed to cover ingredients. Allow to marinate at least 20 minutes. Otherwise you can prep this part for overnight marination.
5. If you haven't made your Chive Ricotta Lasagna in advance - do it now. Set aside.
6. Begin building your lasagna. See the step-by-step pics for the best "building" details. But basically, sauce, noodles, sauce, greens, tofu, sauce, noodles, sauce, mushrooms, noodles, ricotta, noodles, sauce, cheese, fresh tomatoes, chives, black pepper. And done! You can really build a lasagna however you'd like though. There are very few rules.
7. Cover your lasagna and store in fridge until ready to bake that day. Or bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 45-60 minutes. Note: if baking lasagna from a chilled fridge, your baking time will be longer since the temp will be colder.
Raw Nut Ricotta:
1. Add raw cashews to a big bowl of water, add a pinch of salt. Soak in fridge overnight or at least for about 2-4 hours. More soaking, smoother texture.
2. Drain soaked cashews. Add them to a food processor.
3. Add in the vinegar or lemon juice, soy milk or creamer, agave and EOO.
4. Blend on high until smooth. This may take a few minutes depending on the strength of your food processor. If your ricotta is looking too dry, add more soy milk and/or more EVOO. I used soy creamer which made my ricotta nice and creamy.
5. Add in the chives, pepper, garlic and salt. Pulse until blended in. Add in the optional vegenaise here.