Course: Main Course
Lentil Walnut Burgs shared by HolFit
Serves originally 1 servings
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small carrot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 1 1/2 cups lentils cooked
- 1 egg lightly beaten (or flax egg replacer of 1:3 ratio)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil divided
- 1 pkg thin hamburg buns
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, mushrooms, walnuts, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper and cayenne and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to a large bowl.
In a food processor, purée 1 cup rice, lentils and egg until smooth. Transfer to bowl with vegetables, add remaining 1 cup rice and stir to combine. Form lentil mixture into 10 to 12 patties, using about 1/4 cup of the mixture to make each one.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Arrange half of the patties in skillet and cook, flipping once, until golden and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes total. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and repeat process with remaining sunflower oil and patties. Serve hot.