Wilted kale salad w/ creamy dressing shared by HolFit
Serves originally 1 servings
- 2 heads kale this will seem like a lot but will wilt down when the salt is added
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
- For the dressing
- 2 avocados
- 1 chipotle pepper*
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Chipotle soak water as needed to blend
- If not using chipotle peppers, substitute with 1/2 teaspoon each of onion powder, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and tamari/nama shoyu.
- Remove the stems and then wash and cut the kale into small pieces. Place into a bowl, add salt and start to massage the kale until it wilts and takes on a ‘cooked’ texture.
- Add the tomatoes and hemp seeds to the bowl and mix in by hand.
- Blend all remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender until creamy and mix into kale by hand.
Eating at Home
Should be Easier
Plan to Eat makes it
simple and effective