Course: Snacks and Sandwiches
Lentil Walnut Pate Sandwich shared by HolFit
Serves originally 1 servings
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp tamari or nama shoyu
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp tarragon, dried or sage
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp parsley, dried
- 1/4-1/2 tsp onion powder or a bit of fresh onion, chopped, if you like
- 2 tbsp flax, hemp or Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
Place walnuts in a food processor and process till they’re ground finely. Add all remaining ingredients except for oil and process till smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times, and you may also need to add a little water to thin it. After the mix is well combined, add the olive oil in a thin stream with the motor running, reserving just a drizzle to top the spread with.
Serve this with crudites, pita chips, or in raw collard wraps for a healthy and exceptionally protein-packed treat!