Course: Side Dishes
Baked Brown Rice shared by skwidlund
Prep 5 Min
Cook 1 Min
Total 6 Min
- 1 1/2 cups long-medium- or short-grain brown rice
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Adjust the oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 375 degrees. Spread rice in 8-inch square baking dish.
2. Bring water and butter or oil to boil, covered, in medium saucepan over high heat; once boiling, immediately stir in salt and pour water over rice. Cover baking dish tightly with doubled layer of foil. Bake rice 1 hour, until tender.
3. Remove baking dish from oven and uncover. Fluff rice with dinner fork, then cover dish with clean kitchen towel; let rice stand 5 minutes. Uncover and let rice stand 5 minutes longer; serve immediately.
Eating at Home
Should be Easier
Plan to Eat makes it
simple and effective