Car Hoppin' Chicken Strips
Shared by: maddyd51
Prep25 Min Cook15 Min Total40 Min
- 4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1.25 pounds cut into strips
- 1 cup bite size cheese crackers crushed
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or milk
- Honey Mustard and/or Ranch dressing for dipping
Turn on the oven to 400. Grease the baking pan with shortening.
Mix the crushed cheese crackers and the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish or pie plate. Put buttermilk in a medium bowl.
Dip each chicken breast in the buttermilk, coating completely. Roll each piece in the crumb mixture. Press crumbs onto chicken pieces. Place costed chicken pieces in greased baking pan.
Put baking pan in the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until no pink is left in the center and the crumb mix is golden brown.
Serve chicken strips with honey mustard or ranch.