Course: Main Course
Chickpea Spinach Nut Burgs shared by HolFit
Serves originally 1 servings
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (can use bean of choice of course)
- 1 cup mixed veggies (I used a carrot broccoli stalk and 1/4 of a tomato)
- 2/3 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 onion cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup cilantro (can sub with parsley if you’re a cilantro hater)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 Tbs pumpkin seeds (raw ground)
- 1/2 cup almonds (raw ground)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (raw ground)
- 1 tsp flaxseeds (ground)
- 1 Tbsp tamari (could also use soya sauce)
- 1/2 tsp dill seeds ground
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- dash cayenne
- 2/3 cup gluten-free flour (I used buckwheat)
Preheat oven to 375F .
Place all ingredient except the flour in a food processor or vitamix and blend until almost smooth
Transfer mix to a bowl and sprinkle with 1/4 cup flour to start. Mix together and add more flour gradually until the mixture is thickened. It will be very moist still but will hold together.
Shape the mixture into 12 burgers, depending on how big you’d like them. Flatten each burger to 1/2 inch (2.5 cm) thickness and place on the cookie sheet, spacing evenly (these won’t spread as they bake).
Bake about 20 minutes on one side, then flip and bake another 15 minutes on the other side, until lightly browned.
Eating at Home
Should be Easier
Plan to Eat makes it
simple and effective