The Hummus that Changes Everything shared by angepeets
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas liquid reserved and set aside
- 1 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 Cup tahini
- 7-8 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp reserved chickpea liquid (or water)
- 4-8 drops of Tabasco sauce (amazing) to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Paprika for garnish
Directions: Place all ingredients into a food processor (except the salt) and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Now add in salt gradually, stopping to taste as you go. I find the salt preference of hummus varies a lot by the person, so be sure to adjust it to your needs. Also, if you use unsalted chickpeas, you may need more salt. Scoop into a bowl and drizzle with a good quality olive oil and garnish with paprika. Makes about 2 cups and lasts for about 4-5 days in the fridge in a sealed container.
Eating at Home Should be Easier.
Plan to Eat makes it simple and effective.