- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 3/4 cups yogurt kefir, sour milk or other fermented dairy product (or 1 3/4 cup water + 1 T apple cider vinegar or l
- water as needed
- 8 T sunflower seeds or other nut,
- 1 cup diced fresh fruit apples, bananas, berries, etc.
- dried fruit optional
- raw milk as desired
- The day before you plan to serve the muesli combine the oats, chia seeds, and yogurt in a quart jar. Mix well. Add water and mix until the level of the mixture reaches four cups. Cover tightly with a lid.
- Allow to sit at room temperature until the next morning. (Don’t freak out, it won’t go bad. The friendly bacteria in the fermented milk will keep everything a-okay.)
- The next morning divide the muesli amongst four bowls. Top each with nuts and fresh or dried fruit. A blob of nut butter would not be out of place either. Serve in bowls with raw milk.